Financial Freedom?

This week has been a very tiring week for me. It was also a week where I miss Mad Cat quite a bit. He has been working late for the past few days since Monday due to some project in his new company. He has been coming home past 10.30 pm and 12.30 am.

The house tends to be very quiet and I get lonely especially when I get tired of reading a book or watching the idiot box. I tried waiting up for him but I too sleepy to wait up. I have been going to bed, without him being home, for the past few nights and the strange things is, I feel somehow insecure (because Mad Cat is not safe and sound at home yet) like as if there is something missing. I prayed every night that God will protect Mad Cat and bring him home safely.

Ever since we got married last December, we have been going to bed together. And I miss that. While he was in his old former stingy-ungrateful-company, he will always almost return before 7 pm. When he left for a greener pasture in the other side of the field, there was a price we have to pay.

Mad Cat once asked me, if I would prefer him to have lots of money but less time for me or would I prefer to have more of him but less money. I thought about it for awhile and decided that since I don’t mind the money part, so I would like to have both. But these few days made me realized something else, that I can never have the best of both worlds.

I guess this is where friends whom have not seen you for awhile decided to take you out for lunch or dinner and then suddenly out of no where, they present to you a smart business plan (a new term for multi level marketing (MLM) in the 21st century!).

Essential points raised by these so called ‘business’ people:-
More time and more money for YOUR FAMILY and CHILDREN;
Able to fulfill your dreams;
Able to have flexibility;
No more in the rat race;
No more horrible bosses and long working hours.

To summarize it all, FINANCIAL FREEDOM is what you will gain.

I have nothing against people who are in it but it’s just not for me. There is no doubt I have needs and wants (if not why the heck am I working!) but it does not necessarily means I want to be rich (maybe a little richer than now would not hurt. He he). Financial freedom…is there such thing? Will there be an end to all our financial needs? The more we have, the more we will want. It’s in us as humans. What happens if I lose focus and financial freedom becomes more important than the relationship I have been trying to build all these years with God?

At the back of my mind I have this one question, “Do these people really want to help me or are they helping only themselves (it’s a hierarchy business anyway)” I doubt their sincerity very much. Especially where there are some who treats me differently (a before and after effect of the talk on the business plan) after I rejected them. They seemed not to approach the subject directly too. As if to ‘corner’ you by getting hook into their plan and the voila! You are in it without actually realizing that it’s MLM. Business tactic they called it. I too have friends who really annoyed by these people because they said that people like that sound suspicious and when they call you, they would not tell the truth that its MLM (because it will scare people away, as I was told) instead they go round and round the bush to get you to meet them. I am not a business minded person that is why I could never understand this point.

I got even more disappointed when this involves the Christians. What happen to the speech of don’t-worry-God-will take-care-of-everything? Does faith has a stand here? Where would God be in this picture? Oh I forgot someone once told me that MLM allows me to spend time serving God.

There are a lot of questions and uncertainties in my mind regarding this issue. But perhaps there is no right or wrong in this.

Before I concluded this journal, I was in the midst of preparing some bible study for my cell group meeting on Saturday. The study challenged us to do weekly memory verse. And I decided to do so. This week’s memory verse focused on Matthew.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well” - Matthew 6:33

Well I believed I have found my answer to my question…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates