Whose Child Am I?

It was a bright and sunny afternoon while the breeze from the open window in my 12th floor apartment blew strongly carrying my pareos I used as curtains high up almost touching the ceiling. I sat in the living room wondering what I should do with the time in my hands on a weekday. As I sat on my balineses mat spread in my living room, I decided to have a chat with Him.

I was pouring out my petitions and needs and wants that's when I began to wonder, why would He ever want to answer me or give me anything I asked? He always call us His children but as a single woman who has now entered a new phase of life as a wife, has yet to explore the nature of parenthood.

My nephew was born in late April last year. He was a cute bundle of joy. The first time I saw him, he was sleeping in the hospital nursery with a pink blanket wrapped around his tiny body, occasionally cringing from the sound of crying of other babies in the nursery. He looked so tiny and wrinkled and so helpless. I have visited friends with new born babies but the feeling of seeing one, knowing that he too is a little part of me, is a feeling that I can hardly describe. I felt like crying with tears of joy when I saw the little boy. Imagine what would it be like if I were to have my own child someday?

There is nothing we have done to deserve such love. There is nothing my nephew had done to deserve love. The following months after his birth, all he ever did was to cry for food and attention sending everyone in the household running to him for his needs regardless of time and hour in the day and night. But yet we all love him dearly, showering him with gifts, protecting him, watching over him and giving him the best we can

Perhaps that is the same with Him. Loving us, protecting us, disciplining us, giving us what we asked and what we don't ask. I may not be able to understand this fully yet but maybe that's why He made us parents to know the sacrificial love He has for us. A parent He is to us. And He will give us nothing less. This is what I would like to believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates