Difficult Weekend

It has been a sticky weekend. Sara just refused to be in the playpen or in her little chariot. She will cry until we pick her up. Whenever she caught sight of me, she will be whinning for me to hold her. Daddy and me seemed to be playing pass the whole weekend. Passing Sara from one to another.


Sara in her chariot

Sara had also been a little bit difficult when its time for her bedtime. She will keep crawling to the door wanting to be out from her bedroom. Each time I put her down on her mattress, thinking that she was asleep, she will immediately pop her head right up. With that I will quickly lie down pretending to be asleep. I have tried everything from letting her suckle, singing to her, rocking her and turning off all lights in the house but yet she just refused to stay put on her mattress. While Daddy and me were running on low batts, she was just like the Energizer Bunny.


We took her to mom's place tonight and she was fast asleep on the way home before 8.30p.m. I was hoping that she would be asleep through the night but my maternal instict told me that she will be awake right after I finished my dinner. I was left with half a can of 100 plus when I heard her 'calling' for me from her room.


So there I went, with the whole cycle again, trying to put her to sleep. Now Sara is in snoozy land, giving me some time to blog and surf the net before I retire for the day.



Comments

Moomykin said…
Things do get better as they grow. That is a promise... but every child is different. Max is like so much easier than Micah. :) But both also very sticky to Mommy, especially when it comes to reading time and sleeping time. I wish I could duplicate myself at certain hours of the day.
Ann said…
haha....oh dear....poor you! All parents of young kids seem to be running on low batts most of the time!

Parental opinion - Is it really cruel if we don't let them sleep in the evenings so that they can sleep better and earlier at night?
Moomykin said…
Ann: Honestly, it would actually be desasterous to disrupt their routine, or create a chaotic routine. Don't let them nap, then they will sleep early, but it may mean they'd wake up like at 4am or something like that. Horror!
Mommy-yeoh said…
As babies like routine, we have a routine for Sara too. By 9p.m., Daddy will read to her before I give her her last feed then sing to her to sleep. She will usually sleep without any fuss. It’s just that as she gets older, she is more aware of her surrounding and curiosity gets the better of her. Therefore sleep becomes an issue. But thankfully she sleeps through the night. If we don’t let babies nap when they are tired, they may get overtired and they can be pretty cranky.

Ann: you might want to check out parenting tips on this site http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ it’s a UK website but you can take it as a guide. You can even subscribe to it and they will email you monthly development of your baby.
InfanT said…
From this new photo that you put up, i notice that baby Sara's face is changing. she looks different now. more and more leng lui each day...

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates