New Playpen

My sister gave me a playpen which was almost brand new. My nephew had only slept in it once and it was then given to me when I was pregnant with Sara.

We had tried setting it up before Sara was born but we were unable to do so. I tried again sometime last month and found that one of the rails would not lock in place and kept falling off while the other 3 sides stayed up. Mad Cat suggested that perhaps the mechanism is faulty. Me, being me and stubborn, decided to try again last week.

Unfortunately, I had a slight accident and had my index finger caught in between the mechanism which was supposed to lock. The pain was excruciating and for a moment, I could not feel my index finger. I then realized I was bleeding and there was blood on the floor, my hands, my foot and my pajamas. I called out to Mad Cat and placed pressure on my fingers to stop the bleeding.

The very next day, through email, I filed a complain to the company demanding an explanation on the faulty playpen and told them the injury I sustained. When I did not get a reply from them after 5 days, I decided to call them (that was done after I did a little research on my own just to be sure that my chances on the claim is high). Their reply was that they are thinking of a good reply to my email. Huh??

Anyway, they apologized for the injury sustained and agreed to replace a brand new playpen for me with no extra charges and 2 years of complimentary membership :)

Comments

Marilynn said…
Wow.. talk about elbow twisting....

Way to go girl! Spilling some blood over a brand new playpen and 2 years membership ain't that bad. Worthy cause :)
Mommy-yeoh said…
Hey we got to put our degree to good use somehow :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates