A Weekend Together

Spend some time with Sara during the weekend. Took leave last Friday as Grandma was whisked away for a holiday in Kuantan with Grandpa.

Not really, Grandpa and Grandma drove Sum Yee (my younger sis) to Kuantan for her 3 months practical in a local hospital. So it was just me, Sara and her little dog named Patrick :)

We both slept in that morning and woke up around 7.45 a.m. Thanks to Daddy for setting the alarm at 6.00 a.m. forgetting that I was on leave on that day.

We watch Wiggles CD and I was surprised that Sara was literally glued to it. She usually doesn’t show much interest in any of the children’s channel on Astro but Wiggles was an exception. I too was fascinated with the songs. She was so engrossed with the songs that she just lied in her playpen on her belly, with her chin rested on her bolster, while she lifted one leg and started to swing it back and forth.

She got tired after the show and went for a little nap, while Mummy packed her lunch (frozen pumpkin). Took Sara to Tai Yee’s place to spend some time with Joash. The Mothers had the afternoon planned out for the kids but due to certain set backs we decided to play Duplo-Lego.

It was hard playing Lego with a baby who was only interested to put everything in her mouth while a two year old who was only interested to dismantle whatever you have built. Later in the day, Sara and I went home in time to prepare dinner for Daddy and cook porridge for Sara.

On Saturday, Sara and I had lunch with Tai Yee and Joash, and 2 other mothers (our cousins) with their babies, baby Marissa and Samantha. It was more like a Mother and Baby lunch date at the Curve. Joash was the oldest and Sara was the youngest. (Pictures were taken during Chinese New Year)

It was quite a sight to see three mothers, pushing one stroller each except for me, I put Sara in her baby sling. Lunch was pretty chaotic. There were huge pile of tissues on the table and floor and there were fork and spoons on the floor too. There were whining, crying and shouting etc. We kept buzzing for the waiters and waitresses to get us this and that. Well, one of them got to know one of the babies by name. Oh boy! Thank goodness I can’t remember the name of the restaurant we went to :) But Sara has been a good girl. She just sat on my lap throughout my lunch while she occupied herself with a tissue wrapper.

I cant really remember doing much on that day, except for Tai Yee running after Joash, whom had found the freedom of not being strapped in a stroller, one cousin trying to dig for bits and pieces of paper from her baby’s mouth, while the other cousin trying to pacify her baby to sit in the stroller. Baby sling is the answer! Sara slept for almost an hour in the sling without much fuss.

By late afternoon, all babies got restless and we decided to call it a day. We bid farewell to each other and went our separate ways. Dropped Tai Yee and Joash at Grandma’s house and went home to Daddy.

Comments

Moomykin said…
My sisters and I call this kind of excitement "The Circus"! We have our too when my boys get together with my older sis' 2 kids at my mom's where she has 3 dogs in her garden. :)
Ann said…
Hahaha....kids take up all our time and attention!!!

Can quite understand that you cannot remember that name of the restaurant you went to....though now you won't know which one it is you do not want to step in again huh!

But I am sure the people understand...since they are always having to deal with kids anyway. And I am sure they have met worse!

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates