A Sick Baby





Sara was down with flu since last Thursday. Got the bug from her Grandpa. But even then she was still the happy little girl, playing on her own without much fuss. Occassionally she cried while we tried to clear her nose. Except of course when she sees Mommy home from work, the 'magnet-mania' turned automatically on and zzzz-thud! She clings to my leg like a little monkey with her hands and legs wrapped around me and whining for me to carry her. Actually she has been doing this for the past one week of so (before she even got the flu), making it difficult for Mommy to even put her down for awhile to go to the bathroom. The moment I placed her on the floor explaning I needed to relieve myself, she will sit on the floor and cried loudly till I pick her back up. And this only happens when she is with me. I was hoping it is a phase that she is going through for now and will soon end.


We took her for tim-sum on the weekend. Food is usually her favourite thing, but somehow she doesnt want to have anything. So we bought her a nasal pump to relieve her of the mucus. It did helped but when it comes to food, she just rejected it. I tried giving her spaghetti for dinner with chicken soup but she just turn her head away, although she was hungry. For a Baby who loves to eat, and not eating for almost 2 days got Mommy worried.


I got up this morning after the alarm rang and sat beside Sara looking at her, wondering whether I should take her to see a doctor. I tried not to give her any medication unless its necessary. For the past few days, she managed to sleep through the night with the flu, so its was a good sign. But secretly I wanted to spend the time with her especially when she is not feeliung well, and took emergency leave (as you would know by now I have a number of emergency leave taken, that is why I hardly take any leave for any reason except for Sara). I later decided to take her to see the paed anyway cause she was due for her chicken pox jab.

By the time we reached SJMC, it was lunch time and it was almost impossible to find parking. I dropped my mom and Sara at the lobby and went to search for an empty lot. I was then stopped by one of the attendant who informed me that the parking is full. I pleaded with him to think of a place where I can park my car as my baby's appointmnet is due. He was nice and gave a spot to park for free.

All went well at the doctor's. We were on the way home when we decided that we should stop by at Sunway Pyramid for lunch. Since Sara had not been eating well, I thought of buying her a nice lunch, also to give Grandma a nice treat. We went to Michaelengelo Itallianies. They were having a lunch promotion where a kid (below 12) can eat for free when its accompanied by a main course. Sara had beef pepperoni with a cup of 100 plus bottomless (refillable).

She finished almost a quater piece and some baked cheese rice. But she enjoyed the 100 plus the most (it was her first time drinking a carbonated drink). After lunch we went for a walk and as usual, Mommy was looking into all children's boutique looking for something nice and affordable for Sara.

After awhile Sara got restless and we left for home. On the way home, Grandma gave Sara a small teddy bear. She cuddled close to her and patted the little bear as how I would pat her to sleep on my shoulders. At home, Sara fell fast asleep in the playpen and Mommy did some snoozing as well.

After she woke up, Mommy and Sara did some Bible reading and later took her out for an evening walk while Grandma prepared dinner. Mash potatoes and black pepper chicken with raw salad. Yum!

Comments

Ann said…
Oh...hope Sara is feeling better now!

You still go to the pead in SJMC? You delievered Sara there? Why don't you try an outside pead who may be cheaper and easier to park etc etc.

If you want some contact, let me know!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: I delivered Sara in HUKM. SJMC pead was introduced by my sis. He was quite a reputable doc but a bit old though. I went to him after a bad experince with my first pead. Yes, I would love to have other contact. Thanks
Ann said…
it is a Malay lady doctor but she handle kids very well and she even gave us her handphone number in case of emergencies!

Klinik Pakar kanak-Kanak Junina
Add: 11A-1 jalan PJU 7/7A, Mutiara Dsara. Tel 7727 9154
Moomykin said…
Seems like all your emergency leaves are really wonderful, despite the actual call for it. Glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. :)
Mommy-yeoh said…
Moomykin: Thank God I have a nice boss. He was really understanding and he allowed me to take emergency leave knowing that I have a child to care for

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates