A Sick Baby Part II

I was up since 3 plus in the morning. I have 2 down with fever. Dady Yeoh and the Little Lady.

I felt her body warm last night but didn't think much of it. Sometimes baby girls have higher temperature but too low for fever. I am always the first to know if she has a fever (without a thermo). Mummy instinct? Or perhaps breastfeeding helps me to familiriaze with her body temperature? Either way I am thankful I have an in-built thermo.

At 9.30 p.m. her temperature has gone up to 38.2 C. By the way, that was a reading took from a thermo :). Gave her paracertamol from the frigde and put a wet towel on her forehead. When she felt asleep, I put on the Kool-Fever for her.

At around 3 or so in the morning, her body turned to my side and rest half her body on my side. I woke up feeling the heat and realised that her temperature was really high. Gave her another dose of paracertamol. Woke Daddy Yeoh up but Daddy Yeoh was drowsy from the medication he took.

When her fever refused to subside and the temperature was about 39.1, I have to SOS Grandma and Grandpa. We bundle her up and took her to ER. They put a 'bullet' at her other end and sponged her with cold water. The Little Lady was screaming and crying for me. As I was holding her, I got wet myself.

We reached Grandma's place around 5.30 a.m. and tried to coax her to sleep. She thought it was already morning and Mummy was sending her in to Grandma's place for the day and wanted to play with her toys. But thank God she finally fell asleep while nursing and Mummy managed a snoozed for an hour before going home to get ready for work.

I can only thank God for my parents. For being there for me no matter what. Thank God that He has blessed them health. My parents are in their late 60s but yet they are still strong in every way.

Comments

mil0chel said…
bullet!! as in suppositories ??

*owwww*
Ann said…
Oh....thank God your parents were around.

Actually I keep some suppositories at home - the normal panadol kind and the ponstan kind. Because they are of different family, you can actually give one or the other 2/3 hours instead of the usual 4/6 hours difference.
Mommy-yeoh said…
milochel: yes it is. I called them bullet because they look like it :)

Ann: Yeah got some from the doc. If I can I wont want to stuff anything in the butt end
Moomykin said…
High fever is always a very scary thing... Glad that it all went well...

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates