Anniversay

I couldn’t sleep that night. As much as I wanted to but I was full of excitement that my heart could hardly contained. I looked around me and the room was almost in total darkness. The sun has yet to rise for the day. I turned around to turn off my alarm and lie on my back looking up the ceiling. Train of thoughts was running through my mind like a movie clip. As soon as I heard birds chirping, I turned to my side and got up from my bed to make my way to the bathroom. It was nice taking a warm shower before the start of the day.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen to find my mother already awake and was up and about preparing breakfast. I was halfway enjoying my hot piping coffee when I received a call on my cell.

“Hi, I am outside your house”. I was expecting him to come but didn’t expect him to be this early. I opened the front door and we made our way to my parents’ room. I sat in front of the mirror relaxing myself while he did his masterpiece of painting my face.

After a whole 2 hours of make up and hairdo, I was finally ready to put on my gown which I have set it lying on my mother’s bed. My hands ran over it gently, remembering how I have dreamt of this day. I have chosen a seamstress just do this very piece of gown which I have designed it all by myself. It was a simple design and has no value for resale but this is the gown I have chosen for this day.

There were many familiar faces that morning in church. I was nervous to look around until I saw him standing in front with his hands behind him. He looked handsome. His shoes were new, his suit was smart and neatly pressed, and his hair was almost perfectly in place. He caught my eyes and was smiling at me as I nervously made my way towards him. He took my hand and held tightly in his that it almost made me melt. It was a beautiful day. The church was filled with people and there was something in the air that took my breath away.

I took his hands into mine and promised to love and to hold from that day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish him until death do us part.

That was the same day as today 3 years ago.

3rd December 2005.

The day I embarked on a new journey.

The day I will always remember and cherish.

I love you dear…

P/S: We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Victoria Station last Sunday with our Little Lady. To enjoy our meal, we brought along our mini DCD player and put on Wall-E for her. She sat quietly watching the show while we enjoyed our meal :)

Comments

mil0chel said…
mmm nice post :)
InfanT said…
Happy anniversary!!
Julie said…
Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless your marriage. I was there to witness the holy matrimony. Everything were so well planned and you looked gorgeous in all your wedding outfit.
Ann said…
So sweet. Happy Anniversary!

And hmmm....the mini DCD player really works WONDERS!

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates