A Sick Baby Part III




Yesterday, while at work, I called Grandma to check on the Little Lady.

Grandma told me her fever was very high despite the paracertamol and Grandma was trying to sponge her at that point of time. 10 minutes later Grandma called to say the Little Lady's left eye was swollen and there were red patches on her forehead.

Panic seeps in and in a hurry I left the office. On the way I called the pead in SJMC. I was told he will be on a half day leave, which means I have about 50 minutes or less from my office to Cheras to pick my Little Lady and to SJMC in Subang. I was like "What?!" I told the doctor's PA that I will try my best to reach in time. I called Grandma to get ready.

I sped all the way home (sometime my teenage rebellious and mindless behaviour may come in handy in times like this). Reach home and found Grandma carrying my Little Lady in her arms waiting outside the porch. We strapped her in her car seat, jumped into the car and planned out a strategy (not really but close).

Firstly to find the fastest route...we took Kesas (which by the way is not the fastest to Subang) and sped at 110 to 120. I was praying all the way that God will grant us a journey mercy since this is an emergency and I have 2 lives in my hands. Along the journey, Grandma was twice told to call the clinic to inform them where we were. We reached within 20 minutes or so.

Secondly, told Grandma to take over the wheels and head for the car park while I take my Little lady straight to the doc's clinic on the 6th floor. The nurses were suprised to see me and asked how fast did I go. The moment we were there, the doc was done with the last patient and it was my Little Lady' s turn. But by then her left eye was not swollen anymore nor were there any red patches on her forehead. So we told to monitor her.

After seeing the doc, we went home tired.

At around 4 p.m. my Little Lady's fever shot up again while sleeping. As she was sleeping on her left side, I have to turn her on her back to feed her medication. Grandma and I were horrified to see that her left eye were so swollen until her eye could hardly open. Her right eye were showing some signs of swelling. And the red patches were back.

Grandma panic but I tried to stay cool and called SJMC for an appointment with another pead since its an emergency I just could not think of any pead except in SJMC. My sis called her friend who is a pead in SJMC. Since his clinic will be closed by 4.30 p.m. they can't take any more patients. I got the number of the pead from my sis called him directly and told him that I am worried. As he needs to leave by 5 p.m. for an appointment, he asked me how soon can I be in SJMC. It was 4.25 p.m. when I spoke to him. I told him if I take Kesas and drive at 120 I can reach in 20 mins. He laughed and told me that was not necessary. Out of goodwill he will wait for me.

So there we go again round 3 to SJMC. Told Grandma "Ok mom, same drill!".
But this time I took NPE (cheaper and nearer). We made in on time. On the way up in the lift, an old chinese man came in, said hi to my baby. He wanted to touch her but I said she is having a fever. He then went on and on about a parent's sacrifice. Come to think of it, he is a complete stranger but somehow he seems to be trying to tell me something. Anyway, he got off the lift before we did.

It turns out that since my Little Lady was having some virul fever her body reacted in such. She has all the neccessary medication prescribed by the doctor in the ER so there were no further medications required. Also because we did not give her one prescribed medication thinking it was not necessary which the doctor said it will prevent her body to have rashes and swelling. I think I should just smack myself for that. We thank the doctor and left.

When I made payment at the cashier, the nurse asked me "Hey you were here today?" SJMC is a very tech savvy hospital and is all run by a system. Even the pharmacist knew I was in the ER in the morning by looking into the system.

By the time we reached home, I was bushed. *Whew* what a day.

But glory goes to God for His mercy and blessing. For watching over us and making everything right for me and Sara, making way for us. Yup! Despite the madness yesterday, deep down there is an assurance that God is in control :)


Perhaps, a little perhaps that the old man has a message reminding us that if us parents are imperfect can do so much and love our children, what more for the perfect Father in heaven.

Comments

InfanT said…
We'll keep you all in prayer.
Mommy-yeoh said…
InfanT: tjhanks fern. We appreciate that very much
Moomykin said…
Oh, hope the little lady is much better now...

Take care, mummy. You need to take good care of yourself too, so that you can continue to give love and care to baby and hubby.

Will remember you guys when I talk to our Father.
Ann said…
I marvel at the wonder of you seeing God in every thing you do.

Your faithfulness will not go unrewarded I am sure.

God is in control indeed, at 120 speeding or in any illness that strike our children.

Hope Sara will be better soon. Will pray for her.

You and hubby take care too!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Moomykin: I think I neglected Daddy Yeoh for these 2 days. We slept over at my mom so that she can help me out during nights.

Ann: God is always beside us. we just dont have to look far

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates