Check Up

Last Friday, we went for a monthly check up on Baby. We were looking forward for the check up since Monday to see what in the world is Baby doing inside of me. Although I might be carrying the child, I do not have the slightest idea what is happening in the little 'world of baby'. I can't feel it neither can I hear anything coming from my belly. If a 'tornado' were to be hitting inside of me, I would not have known it either.

Going for a scan is like switching on the Discovery Channel. Everything is so mysterious to us and we need something external like a doctor and a scan machine or whatever you call it, to help us see inside of me.

We took a half day of on Friday and went to Mc Donald's for lunch. We did a pit stop at my mom's place to pick up Royal Butt (his mother was not home, so we took an opportunity to kidnapped him away) with us to McD's. We sat him on the baby seat anywhere in the world except for her home and my mom's without being first disinfected. But we just couldn't care less. He he he. We fed Royal Butt sundae ice cream and burger bun and of course I did the unthinkable (*oh my*) I allowed Royal Butt to run, climb, play on the slide and crawl on the mini indoor playground of McD's, *muah-ha-ha-ha*.

Next thing we knew, we realized we were late for our appointment. We did a quick detour to drop Royal Butt home and left quickly for the hospital but not before letting my my mum knows what we did and had kindly asked her to wash Royal Butt before my sis returns.

In the doctor's room, in order to do the scan, I would have to lie down in order for the doctor to place the scan on my belly to see the 'live' telecast. The moment the screen was on, both the doctor and Mad Cat stood in front of the screen and they seemed so engrossed with the fact that Baby have grown much more now compared to the last visit and they were exchanging conversation regarding the Baby.

Although I am happy for their enthusiasm, they have obviously forgot about the mother and did not realized that the screen was not facing me at all. I was like "Hey, can you guys please turn the screen so that I get to see my Baby too!" "Oh yes! Of course" was the reply from my doctor.

It was amazing! I have never seen anything like that before (Well, that is also because I have never been pregnant! Duh!) We got to see Baby's hands, legs, spine, five fingers, the head, the tummy, some shades which looked like the eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Baby was really active and was like jumping around as if he or she was on a trampoline. And I can't even feel a single thing!!! Baby was moving a lot cause according to my doctor, Baby is uncomfortable with the scanning. Only at 12 weeks old, Baby is taking in my traits. I too don't like to be disturbed when I am comfortable with whatever I am doing.

Mad Cat and I were really excited and we thank God that Baby is doing fine :)
I tried loading the scan pictures but I seemed to have some problem with the downloading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates