Mommy-ish

I am beginning to take more interest in babies and what mothers are doing or will be doing for their babies. I think before long, my blog will turn into some blog of my journey into motherhood. Sorry y’all, there is no more hot stuff on hot cute guys, shopping sales, bazaar and the best place to eat in town or hot juicy gossips for me (not that my life is that happening any way!).

I stumbled upon an interesting blog lately. Well, not actually stumbled but someone gave me the blog site for me to check it out. As you guessed it's about motherhood J. She spoke of the availability of pregnancy kit test and how she kept it as keepsake after tested positive for her first child.

I had my fair share of using the pregnancy kit but of course I did not keep it as memory as I do not want to keep something with my dry urine on it! Ewwwe!

It was 24 April 2006, when Mad Cat & I decided to get a pregnancy kit from a nearby pharmacy. Of course being a first timer, we walk into the pharmacy, looked for the shelves that kept the pregnancy kits, strolled down the aisle and deliberated on which brand to buy. Being Malaysian, or rather being me, I chose the one with the easiest instructions to understand (and it has to be in English) and Mad Cat, being a practical man chose the one with the most valued for money, meaning buy one free one J

Having chosen the all-time-favorite (I meant, for me & Mad Cat) pregnancy kit, we paid the cashier and proceeded home for our little ‘experiment’. Back home, once having read the instructions for an umpteen time (for some reasons unknown, English seems like Greek to me that night) and being affirmed by Mad Cat that he too understood the instructions, we armed ourselves with a stop watch and me ready to ‘donate’ the specimen for the test.

Well, the 2 minutes of test turned out to be like a shouting match of are-you-ready-no-wait-what-you-doing and so on. This may not be a battle but next time if I were to take another pregnancy test, I have to strategize and plan my move with the Commander In Chief and in this case would be Mad Cat, so that we both are aware of our ‘duties’ for the 2 whole minutes. Yup! That would be the perfect plan.

The shouting match then turned into gasp and awed as we saw blue strips form on the test kit indicating positive.

“You mean I am pregnant???”

“Dear, YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!”
.
We were both left speechless. But we were both joyful for this little life in me.

Yea!!! Cheers to our Junior!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates