On A Slippery Slope

I am tired today, maybe I will pray tomorrow.

Aww, today it's such a tiring day, perhaps I can do later.

I have too much to do, I am sure God understand, let me just rest.

It's ok, I am sure the children are praying by themselves, I just needed to rest.

Before I know it, days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and months turned to years.... that's how long I have not spend time alone with the One that has saved me and love me till this very day.

I have neglected my time with Him and I have stopped "growing" in Him. There are many times, He gave me little nudges but I ignore my Lord. My precious Father.

Today, I am reminded that we can be on a slippery road and before we know it, we will slipe downwards faster than we can think!

Psalm 141 shows how we can easily find ourselves slipping down sin’s slope. Prayer is one of the ways we stay alert to those slopes: “Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil” (v. 4) is a plea that echoes the Lord’s Prayer almost exactly: “Lead [me] not into temptation, but deliver [me] from the evil one” (Matthew 6:13). In His goodness, God hears and answers this prayer.
By:  David H. Roper

Yes I have indeed slipped down the slope! And I looked up and see Him there. I need to get back where I belong, and I only can do so with my eyes fixed on Him and He by my side.

Yes Lord! I need You then and I need You now even more!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates