Red Dragon

-*Bloody Mary or Hylocereus Polyrhizus-
one of the species of dragon fruit*

My pregnancy has come a long way since the day we were all worried (in actual fact it, its only me that worry the most) when I have to deal with the uncertainty of Baby’s well being when I was faced with bleeding and was put on a long medical leave. Today I can feel Baby kicking, moving and even elbowing me.

This morning I was put into a anxious mode, a feeling which seemed so familiar, when I have done my ‘business’ in the porcelain bowl, I noticed blood in my urine…and in the state of somewhat panic and trying to calm myself, I almost slipped in the bathroom had I not reach out and caught the basin.

I told myself that Baby is fine and perhaps I should not hit the panic button too soon until I am sure enough that something is not right. I knew Baby is fine, for Mad Cat and I have been covering her with prayers.

I hesitated at first to tell Mad Cat, and when I finally did, he wore his semi-panic-look on his face and told me immediately to sms our gynea. Okay! My panic button was almost immediately activated! Although I did tried to stay calm.

I sms our Doctor and decided to go to work anyway. On the way to work, Mad Cat prayed for Baby and decided to take emergency leave should I need a check up. I received a reply from our Doctor asking me to have an appointment today after 12.00p.m., which leave us half a day at work to clear some stuff before we take our emergency leave.

While at work, my mind was everywhere but work. But by that time, my anxiousness seemed to wear off and I was having second thought of going for a check up, believing that God is faithful and is watching over Baby.

Later came a call from Mad Cat and asked me,

“Didn’t you have the red flesh dragon fruit last night?”

Duh! So I did and I have completely forgotten about it. That explain why I have this reddish urine. It wasn’t blood after all. My subsequent visits to the bathroom indicated no red substance or whatsoever in my urine! (At that moment I was picturing God having a big grin on His face seeing me getting anxious for nothing!)

I quickly sms my Doctor and apologized for the false alarm and truthfully (and shyly, of course, although he cannot see me) told him that I had a dragon fruit the night before. Mad Cat and I have a good laugh at this. The strange thing is that Baby seems to sense my anxiousness, as she was moving more this morning than usual. Her movements gave me a sense of assurance that she is fine.

Well, what can I say for being pregnant for the first time…but to enjoy the journey that God has blessed me, and of course laugh my head off once awhile…hehehehehe!

*The dragon fruit flesh can be white, red, or magenta all to varying degrees dependant upon variety. The red fleshed varieties contain lycopene which is a natural antioxidant known to fight cancer, heart disease, and lower blood pressure . If you were to take the fruit the day before, the next day your first pee and poo-poo will be reddish in color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates