The Bad and the Guilty One


Do mothers out there feel the same?

I feel bad

When I am tired and go to bed earlier than her
When I have to spank her
When I can’t afford to buy her everything she wants
When she wants me to play with her but I rather do something else
When I could take her out for walks but I rather park my butt on the couch in front of the TV
When I feel like I am not taking good care of her
When I cannot afford to send her for playgroups
When I opt for TV as babysitter
When I am not teaching her about God more often than I should

When I did not even do anything educational or interesting with her


I feel guilty

When I scolded her for making me angry
When I am too lazy to cook for her and gave her plain oats with marmite for lunch
When I switch on the TV just to keep her occupied so that I can do what I needed to do
When I should be reading to her more often
When I lose my temper because she couldn’t tell me what she wants except for crying
When I leave her with some else’s care just so that I could go out and relax
When I could have spend more time playing with her
When she sick or unwell because of me
When I accidentally injured her


Most times I can’t tell the difference between feeling bad and guilty. And yes I can feel both at the same time, which explains why there is duplication on the list.

I think the list will go on. But I this is all I could think of for now…how about you?

Comments

Ann said…
Yes, I feel bad too sometimes when I see my kid falling ill while other kids don't really fall ill....

You do what you can and leave the rest to GOD....

TV is alright once in a while. There are loads of selections for us to pick from now a days.

And sometimes mummy needs a break too! So, give yourself a break before you breakdown and let it out on your kid....then that will be worse ya!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: Having me time is so precious. Motherhood is really challenging :)
Julie said…
I feel bad especially when he wants my company but I rather finish the stuff I'm doing on the PC.

I feel guilty when I have to reach work late and he's already asleep by the time I reach home.

When you feel bad or guilty, just ask God for forgiveness and teach you to be a better parent.
Mommy-yeoh said…
Julie: Yeah, I need loads of help from God and lots of His grace too :)
Moomykin said…
Oh, I know how you feel.

Yesterday, both boys did not nap, plus went to the park with Gadget-daddy. I picked them up after their long walk, bathed them then left them to watch a bit of TV.

I was so tired that while thinking I should be giving them their dinner, though not dinner time yet, I lay in bed stretching my back. The next moment, Gadget-daddy brought the boys in - both feel asleep on the couch without dinner.
BAD MOMMY!! - *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates