Robbery

Each morning as I leave my apartment for work, I will pray that God will protect my apartment and let things be how we have left it. I was reading ireneq's blog about a robbery near her home and how unsafe she felt. Today, I was shocked to receive an sms from her that there was an attempted robbery at her home in the wee hours of the morning.

My colleague's sister in law and her husband were robbed in broad day light (4.30 pm) in front of a shopping mall. The robbery happened in the middle of a busy street with the public eye as witness yet no one had the courage to do anything about it. There were 4 men in ski masks each holding an axe demanding money from them while they sat in their car with an axe held close to the husband's neck.

We can never be completely safe in this world. I remembered once my Pastor spoke of this, how the world has fallen and how we have to face the consequences of the sins of man, even to the extend of suffering for the sins of others. We may not able to run away or hide from all that is happening around us, but we surely can place our faith in God to protect us and our loved ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates