Solo Pregnancy

I received an unexpected call yesterday from one of my colleagues from another department. We knew of each other’s existence when we met during the fire drill in my office and like me, she is pregnant as well. We subsequently began to bump into each other more often during lunch.

Yesterday, she had called for work related purposes but we went on to chat about our pregnancy. It was really encouraging as we both shared our experiences with one another and the fact that we both share the same faith :) We were encouraging each other and having heartily laughs over the phone. It was nice to hear encouraging words during pregnancy, strengthening our faith in God.

I was having an earlier conversation with another colleague of mine, telling her how my pregnancy tend to attract a lot of experienced mothers (although they meant well) to tell me horrors of child labour and the pain they endured. I was even discouraged to opt not to take epidural during child labour. It came to a point, Mad Cat had, once, used his hands to literally cover my ears while the mothers were rattling on.

Yet yesterday, God (yes, He knows all!) send someone just to encourage me. Not much of a “YES-GOD-IS-WITH-YOU-SISTER-HALLELUJAH-AMEN!!!” kind of conversation, but just someone to share the “yes-I-know-what-you-mean”, sharing the emotional coaster ride, the nightmares, and we even found out we were both reading the same book and praying the same prayers!

Well, nowI can add a new friend in my list :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates