Baby in the Office


Brought a little bundle to office on Tuesday, much to the delight of my colleagues.

Woken up at 5.45 a.m. to the ringing tone of my handphone. I have always hated morning and midnight calls. Its usually something not good. In a dazed, I was frantically looking for my phone. Found it on top of Sara's chest of drawers. My mom was on the other line, telling me that she has to send my nephew to the emergency as he was having a high fever. Unfortunately, my bro-in-law and my dad were both away in overseas and out of state. So it's up to the ladies. But it also meant one thing...Sara with no one to take care of until my mom returns from the ER.



At 7.00 a.m., all dressed for work, I followed Daddy around the house as he was getting ready for work like a love sick puppy, asking him what should I do with Sara. Should I take emergency leave? No, too much work. Daddy take half day off? Me take half day off...Finally, I decided I have to go to work. Packed Sara's bag, changed her diaper and pajamy and off we went to my office.


I was secretly excited to have her along with me...if only I can take her with me everyday, I could have if it is a small company but a public listed company??? The moment I stepped into the office with her in my arms, she became an instant attraction. People from various department and races surrounded her. The Mummy became an attraction as well. People were throwing all sorts of questions at me about her.


My boss was delighted to see her. He wished he could have more children. I explained my situation and he was very understanding, since he is a father himself, he gave me the day off. I placed Sara on my desk while I did some work. She sat on my desk occupied with whatever stuff she could get her hands on. My colleagues were amazed that she could just sit still on the desk playing by her own. After sometime, the little tummy growled for milk. Took her to the room and fed her. After feeding, I continued with my work until I received an sms from my sis informing me that they are home but they need to return to the hospital for more check ups.


Around 10 plus, my instinct tingles and told me that Sara could perhaps be tired, although she shows no sign of it. Anyway since I have the day off, there is no point to waste anymore time in the office. So I decided to pack my documents and go home. We bid farewell to everyone and left the office leaving my desk in a mess. Sara dozed off as soon as I drove out from my office building. We then spend the rest of the afternoon together in Subang Parade Toys 'R' Us checking out toys.


It was a wonderful day for both Baby and Me :)

Comments

Ann said…
Ahhh...nice of your boss!!!

Babies sure make us more friends than we do on our own ya!

Glad everything worked out fine.
Moomykin said…
Hope Joash is better.

When Micah was very small and I was still with FES he and daddy actually followed me to 2 different camps and some night meetings. Quite exciting for Micah and the students. :)
Moomykin said…
Hi. I just Tagged you.

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates