Missing Her


'Sara was caught on camera trying to
blow her little air-blown strawberry ball
after watching Daddy doing it'

The New Year was barely 'warmed up' and I have taken an emergency leave the day after Thaipusam just because I miss my baby. I have done this before once, out of the spur of the moment I felt the need to take off from work just so I could be home with Sara.

The day before, on Thaipusam, We spend the entire day with Sara. We took her swimming which she enjoyed, and the rest of the day were spent playing, tickling, reading and sleeping. Then Daddy had an idea and recorded Sara’s little voice saying ‘mum,mum,mum,ma’ while I was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Daddy set the recorded voice as my ringing tone much to my delight and Sara’s amusement.

Next day, while I was stuck in traffic on the way to work, I played the voice recording over and over again. Big mistake! 5 minutes listening to it, I called Daddy and told him that I needed to go home because I think Sara is calling out for me!

The entire morning, I was feeling restless with my mind taking off in a jet plane back home. By 11 a.m. I couldn’t take it anymore. I sms my boss that I needed to take emergency leave and left at 12.30 p.m. Yup! I took the rest of the day off and went home. I drove like a mad women weaving through traffic, as I could not believed that at that very hour there can still be traffic jams in KL!

I reached home longer that usual and I was getting really impatient and almost, well almost cussing the traffic. I told God I was sorry for being weak and I told Him that I just had to do this. I meant as in going home not cursing the traffic :)

When I reached my mom’s place, I could not wait to park my car in the porch and left (parked) it right outside the house. Sara squealed when she saw me at the gate (so did I). We stretched out our arms and hugged each other.

When all has calmed down, I sms Daddy and asked him if I was being silly to waste half a day away from work (it might not look good in my appraisal), but I told Daddy that I rather be silly than to miss any moment with my loved ones. Anyway my company does not need me as much as …ahem, my baby needs me (or I need her) Thank God Daddy agreed with me.

I was thinking of changing my ringing tone but on second thought, naw!

Comments

Ann said…
oh....I so understand how you feel! And your little girl is too adorable not to miss her!

You are right....the company can do without us but our kids can't!

What joy it must have been to see her opening her arms to welcome you!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: Yes. I felt so needed at that time. I was glad I took the step and went home.
Moomykin said…
All Smiles.

There is nothing more wonderful and more worthwhile than the time spent with your baby.

Glad you had a good day. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates