A Birthday Party



The birthday boy


Celebrated Joash's (my nephew) 3rd birthday last Sunday. The theme was 'Western Cowboy'. The idea came from truly yours. Initially my nephew chose 'Army' as the theme. I was like no way am I going to dress Sara up like an army, besides where can I get any army suits for a baby girl, although I have an army pant for Sara, inherited from Joash. I came up with the idea so that people can just throw something on from their wardrobe rather than have a theme that people might not participate at all if its something which they have to buy or not have. At the end of the day, we just wanted to make sure everyone had fun :) So my sis has to coax her son into agreement.

The Birthday Cupcakes


We did not have any decorations for the party but my sis ordered cupcakes as Joash's brithday cake with the theme on it. Notice the cowboy boots, hats and star on the cakes? They are make out of white chocolate. Those cakes were yummy.


We had games for the children, sand art (which we gave the children to take it home as we ran out of time) and a balloonist to make all forms of balloon for the children.







Besides the birthday boy, Sara enjoyed herself the most. I just make do with whatever clothes I can find in her wardrobe and threw in my bandana and ta-da! I got myelf a cowgirl. As she was one of the youngest besides a few other babies, she was on her own most of the time. She filled her entire evening walking back and forth following the older children. The party was held in a big emtpy hall beside the pool area. So there was plenty of space for her to roam around.




My little cowgirl



Mummy carrying cousin Kirsten



Sara with her favourite toy


"Can I have what is in your plate, Grandpa?"


Comments

Ann said…
Oh...she looks totally adorable!

By the way where did the cupcakes come from? They look creatively done.
Marilynn said…
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutie Pie!!!!!!!!!!!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: Its from Cradle 'n' All. I think it has website.
Moomykin said…
Looks and sounds like it was a really fun party. :)

I really like your little cow-girl. She's just missing a hat, eh?

Happy Birthday Joash!
Moomykin said…
Hey, I know you busy for all reasons, but I tagged you anyway.
:D

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates