A Birthday Post

On 5 April, we celebrated Moomykin’s birthday at the Science Center. And yes this is a delay blog!


The night before, Sara was having a mild fever. I did not get much sleep as I was armed with the thermometer most of the time and kept watch for her temperature. But thankfully it was too low to administer any fever med. Around 3 a.m. in the morning, she woke up coughing. I tried soothing her by rubbing her back. But when that doesn’t seem to work, I decided to give her some medication which the doctor gave for her flu (works for mild cough) earlier that week. After taking the med, the baby’s eyes were wide open. Oh no! Then I tried taking her temperature again but she was not very happy to have her arm by her side for a good 2 minutes while I take her temperature ( I am thinking of investing a ear thermometer, hassle free and faster). I tried distracting her and ended up making her laugh in the middle of the night.

I woke up around 7 and dragged myself out of bed to prepare her porridge for back up just incase she is choosy with the lunch at the birthday party. Daddy and I were contemplating whether we should stay home or go for the birthday party. Just then Baby Sara woke up without a fever so we decided to go. Reasons being, Mummy wanted to meet new friends and wanted Sara to meet new friends too. We called Mommykin on the cell that we will be late. We packed our stuff then realized that I forgot to charge the batteries for the camera. I have to leave the camera behind, changed the Baby and off we went.

On the way, I was feeling a little tired but at the same time was excited to visit the Science Center and to meet with people whom I have ‘known’ on the cyberspace But I wished we have a bit more time to get to know one another better. I am someone who is ahem…shy. I need time to warm up to get to know others but before I could, it was time to go. It was really nice to meet up with the other mommy bloggers and daddy blogger too.


Thanks Mommykin for a lovely party. Love the party packs especially the latte. Hey it was supposed to be your birthday. It was truly a birthday to remember.


Shall we do it again? This time a place where we can just leave the kids on their own while we adults will have more time for ourselves? Anyone?

Comments

Moomykin said…
Thanks for coming. So glad you made it.

Glad Sara is better. Yes, an ear thermometer is worth the investment. Look out for offers, then no need to pay so much for one. I got our 70% off!!
Mommy-yeoh said…
Moomykin: Thanks for those gifts. You have put in so much effort. Thanks again.

Ear thermometer is really expensive. But so far there seems to be no offer yet.

Sara is getting better now except the doctor said she lost some weight cause she refused to eat
Ann said…
Oh...poor you! Had to go through so much the night before!

But Sara was her adorable self!

Yeah...we should get together somtimes...maybe a smaller crowd...without kids a bit tough sicne I don't have a ready babysitter to call upon!

But I am really glad to know you too. With some people I guess you feel a connection...
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: It was nice meeting you.Sorry didnt get to talk much, was a little tired and was busy keeping tab on Sara's fever.

I was actually thinking of meeting at a place where we can put the kids in an indoor playground (like Playzone or something) where they can run around and play safely while we adults can chat and eat :) Its always nice to include kids in our outings

Popular posts from this blog

Heaven Above

Hi Again!

Tagged #2