A Weekend Report

Took Sara out on Saturday to meet up with her cousin Joash, Aunty and Uncle and along with Grandma for lunch in Bangsar, and left Daddy-yeoh to clean the house while the ladies of the house are out…muahhaha.

Sara missed the entire lunch coz she fell asleep on the way to Bangsar, but woke up in time when we were in Balloon Bouquets looking for ideas for Joash’s 3rd birthday party. She was fascinated with the balloons and kept saying “Ba-oon”. Its one of those few words she can say besides ‘bird’, “fow-eer” (Flower), “Boa” (ball)…She has always like anything that is round like balls. Even pictures of balls can keep her occupied for a few minutes or so.

From Bangsar, we adjourned to Cradle ‘n’ All to make order for the cupcakes for the party. As this year’s theme for Joash’s birthday is cowboy, my sis decided to have everything decorated in that theme down to the cakes. Cradle ‘n’ All is run by a malay lady who runs an event management for baby’s first occasions like fullmoon and the malay prayers for the new born babies.

Her place was beautifully decorated with all sorts of cradles for rental for those special occasions and she does hampers and cakes for birthdays and parties as well.

These are some of the shots I took at her showroom…




On Sunday, it was a little different…Daddy-yeoh and Mummy-yeoh decided to go for a date. We left Sara with her Grandparents for the evening. Somehow she knew we were leaving her behind. When I took off her sandals in Grandma’s house, she protested kicked her legs back and forth. She even refused to allow her Grandparents to carry her. To cut a long story short, we managed to say our goodbyes to the little one and left for a romantic evening.

We went to Shakey’s Pizza for their buffet. We quite surprised to see an empty restaurant. But we went ahead anyway. The entire evening, it was only the 2 of us having buffet, so we get to have the entire buffet station to ourselves.

Later we took a stroll in Bintang Walk and ended in Pavillion. While we were out, I called my mom twice to check on the little one and was told that she had a good time in McDonald’s with the Grandparents and had not once cried looking for me.

I was relieved to know she was ok without me. It gives me an ease of mind to spend some time with Daddy-yeoh. The last we held hands together for while dating was in October 2007, it was Daddy-yeoh’s birthday. Most of the time I wont want to leave her with my parents reason being:-

  1. My mom is already taking care of her Monday to Friday while I am away at work; and

  2. I feel guilty having to be away from her since I am away from her when I work.

On other days, if we happended to leave her with my parents, it is usually on occasions where we have to do some important thing and its not convenient to bring her along. And on such occasions, it is usual for us to be rushing just so we can get back to her.

It was a few hours of break for me and that was all I needed. Of course, being a mummy, most of my time, thoughout dinner, I will be wondering (silently) what she is doing or whether she is ok. We headed back to my parent’s place past 9.30 p.m. to pick the little one. I was getting a little anxious cause it was already her bedtime and she might look for me for feed and she will want no one else to put her to bed except for Mummy.

The moment she saw me, she walked as fast as she could, stretched out her hands and hugged me tightly. I guess she missed me just as much as I missed her. That night I went to bed a happy and contented woman…:

Comments

Julie said…
I can feel the contentment you felt.

We are so blessed to have reliable people around us who could look after the little one sometimes while we spend precious time together as a couple.
A gift from God said…
Isn't it great to just have some together time... talk a little about the times without baby, just the two of you..free to do whatever you want and not to rush back to pick up the baby!! :)

When we get to leave the little one with our parents... we will do a marathon thingy... we usually head straight to the shopping mall..take a 15 to 20 minutes meal then head straight to the cinema to catch a movie..immediately after that.. head straight to the supermarket and get the stuff that we listed the day before..then if we still have time..will grab a bite (dinner) and then go pick up the little one...phew...writing this also feels soo rush..haha..
Moomykin said…
Bintang Walk! Wow, that's great! Gadget-daddy and I hardly head there as we find nothing to do there. If we sneak out, it's usually a Saturday afternoon movie at the closest cinema. Hahaha...

So glad you had a nice weekend. :)
Mommy-yeoh said…
Julie: Hi, yes I am thankful to have my parents around who are always ready to watch my girl for me.

A gift from god: Its nice to have some time with my hubby and just look into each others eyes instead of looking at the baby's all the time...haha

Mommykin: We hardly go there. I cant remember the last time I was there. It has been ages but that Sunday was because Daddy-yeoh wanted to have dinner at Shakey and we needed to walk off the 'food' :)
Ann said…
What a glorious weekend!

It is good to keep the romance in the air between husband and wife. Good for the kids, good for the marriage in the long run!

Hope you will have more times like these with hubby....

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates