If / when I have a son and what I will teach my duaghter

I once read a story about a man who was too busy for his wife. On the day of his wife’s funeral, he found her journal among her other things. Inside she wrote about how she was eager to hear his footsteps coming up the door of their home, how eager she was to tell him all that she has gone through in the day… and how busy he was to spend a little time to even listen to her. After he read this, he closed the journal and wept, realizing that his wife has always been waiting for him to listen to her.

If / when I have a son…I will tell him that the simplest way to a good woman’s heart is not riches and fame but to listen to her;

I will tell him that no matter how strong a woman is, she will always need a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear;

I will tell him that a man should always find time to listen to what his woman has to say, no matter how many times she has told him about it and how ridiculous it may sound;

I will tell him that when the woman he loves wants to talk, she is not seeking for answer but rather she is seeking for comfort;

I will tell him that when she wants to talk, stop whatever you are doing even for a mere fraction of a second, just look into her eyes and listen, it would bring her the greatest comfort and whatever fears that she may have she knows that you will always be there for her;

I will tell him that although most of the time he will not understand why she wants to talk about the same thing all the time, or why she doesn’t want to heed his advice, or even at times he may not know the answer to her problem…I will tell him that she knows but its okay because all he needs to do is hold her hands and say “Let’s pray”.


But this is what I will teach my daughter …

That woman has strengths that amaze men.

That woman bear hardships and she carry burdens, but she also hold happiness, love and joy.

That woman smile when she wants to scream.

That woman sings when she wants to cry.

She cries when she is happy and laughs when she is nervous.

She will fight for what she believes in.

She stands up to injustice.

She doesn't take "no" for an answer when she believes there is a better solution.

She goes without so that her family can have.

She will go to the doctor with a frightened friend.

She will love unconditionally.

She cries when her children excel and cheer when her friends get awards.

She is happy when she hears about a birth or a wedding.

Her hearts break when a friend dies.

She grieves at the loss of a family member, yet she is strong when she thinks there is no strength left.

She knows that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

She may come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

She has compassion for people.

She will give moral support to her family and friends.

She has vital things to say and everything to give.

But sometimes she may forget her worth, that is when she must look to the Cross and remind herself that she worth much more that she could ever imagine…

Comments

Ann said…
It could be that I am far away and I miss my family...but tears could not stop as I was reading this post.

It is indeed touching. Words spoken from your heart touches another most easily...
Mommy-yeoh said…
Ann: Dont worry once you get back home, you can spend time with Christopher. I am sure he misses his mummy too
Moomykin said…
Nice one.

We must always remember to treasure our loved ones and, yes, pamper them whenever we can, for we really do not know when our time, or their, on earth is up!

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates