Mom & I

I cannot remember when was the last time I went out with Mom just the 2 of us. Dad was away in Kuantan for a wedding and Daddy Yeoh offered to babysit Sara.


Mom and I went to the Parkson in Overseas Union Garden or better known as OUG along Old Klang Road, for she wanted to do some quick shopping on Saturday. We had ‘bak kut teh’ for lunch in a small quiet restaurant in mall itself. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant but it’s the only one serving ‘bak kut the’. We ordered a plate of veg, a small clay pot of ‘bak kut the’, a small claypot of pork cooked with spring onions and dried chilli (this is good). We ordered yam rice to go with the dishes instead of the normal white rice. And all these for just RM27 plus with 2 cups of ‘leong chah’. I will recommend this place for anyone who wants to have a not too heavy ‘bak kut the’.


After lunch Mom and I did some shopping in Parkson. It was such bliss because 1) there is no crowd and 2) no kids to hurry us off. For once she was able to shop without having to mind my kid or my sis’s kid. She got herself 2 shirts and a pair of shoes. After she had paid for her purchase, she waived her shopping bag at me with a GLEE. By the time we reached home, it was raining cats and dogs.


While at home, she was going on and on how glad she was with her purchases. She tried on the 2 shirts she bought and went on and on (Round 2) how nicely it fitted her and so on. As for me, I was just nodding my head off and on in agreement with her.


After all the excitement, Mom and I were too lazy to cook or prepare any dinner. So I offered to be our pedicurist and did pedicure for Mom and myself while waiting for Daddy Yeoh and Sara to pick me up.


That pretty much sum up the time I had with Mom on that weekend. Was glad that she enjoyed herself.

Comments

Moomykin said…
I think when we have become adults with our parents, we can really enjoy each other's company with so much more undrestanding.

There were also a few times I managed to sneak out to take my mum out for errands and we also enjoyed ourselves, she filling me in on all our relatives news (yes, gossip) and me telling about things at home.

Things get done, and we also usually get a nice quiet meal with no kids fuss over or to run after.
Ann said…
It is good to spend time with our mum. I feel as a mum now, I can relate to my mum better now. Glad you good day. Hope more opportunities like these arise!
Julie said…
I can imagine the precious moments you had with your mom. How I missed those mom+daughter only moments.
InfanT said…
i'm looking forward to seeing my mom next weekend. To spend some quality time with her and bring her around to have good food.

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates