Not Prepared

Little Lady has not asked to be breastfed for more than 2 weeks. Instead of telling me "Mummy I want milk" she now says "Mummy make milk".

Part of me would love to celebrate for successfully weaning her off without much hasssle but part of me missed those 'moments' together. Those quiet moments of watching her, talking to her and singing lullaby.

She is growing more independent each day. And so does her confidence. She would go for her Sunday classes, participating in all activities without having to hold my hands like how she used to. She will sit on the floor (or on a chair) on her own listening to the teachers telling stories to the class while her peers will sit on the laps of their parents.

She will tell me what she wants and will carefully choose options placed before her. She takes instructions well and yes she still whines which could drive me up the wall at times!

Thinsg that she used to be afraid off now no longer scares her. She has learned to be brave somehow and had once withstand the pain of a needle sticking into her for a regular jab, without a sound.

My Little Lady is growing so much these days that I seemed to have trouble carrying her in my arms because of her weight.

I was told by her Sunday School teachers that she might be ready to be on her own in the class. But I am not very sure that I am ready for that. I guess there is no manual to teach me as a parent, how to let our child to just grow.

When I was expecting a baby, I read books on what to expect when you are expecting, hoping that the very least I will be fully equipped and ready to have a child in my life. But how wrong was I. Those books forgot one thing...they forgot to mention that the moment I conceived my child, my child has never, never stop growing.

I thought I could freeze those moments when she was a baby or when she turned one. Instead it went on so fast that sometimes it was just like yesterday when she was still in her diapers and mittens.

Every now and then I will steal a moment or two and smell her ruffled hair, just like how I used to do when she was a baby sleeping soundly in my arms.

*Sigh*

Comments

cre8tone said…
Good girl! :)
Moomykin said…
Hmmm... I think it's a good time for another baby to come.
:)

p/s- She grows more lovely every time we see her.

Popular posts from this blog

Tagged #2

Heaven Above

A Sick Baby Updates